Saturday 26 May 2007

Door closes for Daniel in Any Dream Will do

Only 6 remained, and one had to go on last week's Any Dream Will Do but the wrong guy got sent home and the standard of the show took another dip.

I really do feel like a broken record now, but it's got to the stage that I can't be bothered watching one karaoke programme after another. OK I know some of these guys have brilliant voices and at least one of them is a West End star but the songs are, quite frankly, boring same 0ld same old renditions of Sunfly number 593 (or whatever).

The only saving grace of the show was the group numbers - That's Life and Don't Rain On My Parade - well at least one of them was a "proper" musical theatre song and they were both very entertaining.

Gobsmacked doesn't quite cover the esteemed Lord Webber's decision to keep Lewis and get rid of Daniel. Going on the sing-off alone, Daniel Boys walked it while Lewis's participation in Bring Him Home from Les Miserable was just that, miserable.

I'm now at the stage where I'm only watching this rather pointless search for the Joseph lead in the hope that the TV audience vote for the right person in the end. No one else but Lee Mead can pull this part off; the rest are OK sometimes, good occasionally and bordering on hopeless at the best of times.

Who knows though, maybe tonight will surprise us all and we'll get some real musical theatre... but I doubt it. My prediction for tonight's sharp exit has to be Craig, but that's based on my wish to see him leave rather than any faith I have in the public vote, or some of the judges comments. I have a feeling that Keith's luck will run out though, since Ben's dramatic turnaround seemed to do something for the judges last week. And Lewis, well I guess we'll see, his energy has definitely taken a dip, and if he can't stand the heat once a week then putting him in Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat would be one huge gamble.

No comments: