Saturday 12 May 2007

Any Dream Will Do - Fourth Show Review

Another week, another let down!

I've said this before, but if I was in Andrew Lloyd Webber's shoes right now I'd be worried, extremely worried. Apart from Keith - who probably doesn't quite look the part - there wasn't much to shout about last week, never mind pay £70 a ticket for.

Ben is hanging on with the skin of his teeth, Craig isn't doing much better and Rob will be lucky to make through the next couple of weeks.

As for the rest, if they had decent songs to sing we might get a better perspective. I feel like a broken record for saying this again, but if I wanted to hear All Night Long and December 1963 I'd go and dig out my old 7" singles! This show is supposed to be about musical theatre, but right from the beginning it has drifted toward cheesy, bordering on boring, pop tunes.

Lewis is still in with a decent chance, not in my top 3 last week but could still turn it around. Keith had a great week and I can see him getting stronger and more confident as the show goes on. My favourite is still Lee, at the moment, but we'll see.

I shouldn't forget to mention that Chris Barton went home and not before time. Sorry Chris but you just didn't fill my world with Technicolor dreams!

Roll on the next show, but please give us some musicals - that's why we tuned in at the beginning, is it not?

1 comment:

ALLWENEEDISLOVE said...

£70:00!!? for a ticket!!? how are families going to go and enjoy live theatre/musicals at this price per ticket after watching the show?

i'm intrigued by the dance teacher to entrepenur in 6 months mantle, very curious and interesting..

please come and join my friends and i with our new project called ALL WE NEED IS LOVE and let your whole world know about it..housewife to musical star to karaoke fan to dustman!!

it's going to be a world record attempt!
it's going to raise money for charity!
and it's going to leave you with a warm fuzzy feeling!

will stay posted to your blog..any dream will do is a bit of a habit once you start watching!!